Thursday, November 29, 2012

Do Not Grieve At My Death by Al-Ghazaalee

Do Not Grieve At My Death!


{Al-Ghazaalee said:-}



“Say to my friends, when they look

upon me Dead.

Weeping for me and mourning me

in sorrow.



Do not believe that this corpse is myself  !



In the name of Allaah,

I tell you, it is not I.

I am a spirit {!!!}



And this is nothing but flesh !

It was my abode and my garment

for a time.

I am a pearl which has left its shell.





I am a bird, and this body

was my cage.



I have now flown forth and it is left

as a token.



All praise be to Allaah,

....Who has now set me free !

[from the shackles of life].



Think not that death is death.

No.....!




.....it is [the beginning of a new] life.'



A Lil Note :-

 There are many Metaphors used in this passage of-

Al-Ghazaalee's -----

No comments:

Post a Comment