Thursday, November 29, 2012

Loving some one for Allah's sake

"It is narrated by Mu‘adh bin Jabal that he heard the Messenger of Allah saying:

   Allah the Exalted and Almighty said: ‘My love has been made obligatory for those two persons who love each other on My count and spend time together for My sake, and see each other for My sake and give money to each other generously for My sake.’"

This sahih (sound) hadith narrated by Malik bin Anas in al-Muwatta, b. of sha‘ar (hair) ch.5 (2:954#16), and Ibn ‘Abd-ul-Barr said its chain is good. Ahmad bin Hambal also transmitted it in his Musnad (5:233); Hakim in al-Mustadrak (4:169), who graded it sahih, and also confirmed by Dhahabi; Baghawi in Sharh-us-sunnah, (13:49-50#3463); Khatib Tabrizi in Mishkat-ul-masabih, b. of adab (good manners) ch.16 (3:75#5011).

No comments:

Post a Comment